My cooking notes:
- 1/4 cup=4 tablespoons, 0.25 ml or 56.5 grammes
- Multi cooker model here is Instant Pot DUO 7-1.
- The Instant Pot cooks a quarter, half or full pot with the whole wings, drumsticks, turkey drumsticks. The cooking time will be the same.
- Use to make homemade marinades and seasoning rubs, but these are my favourite ready-made spices; McCormick Smokehouse Maple and Montreal steak seasoning.
- BBQ charcoal smokiness comes straight from the BBQ grill or smoker. I use liquid smoke to recreate this by adding it to the cooking liquid in the pot.
- Sweetness is added by using palm sugar or substitute with brown sugar or a combination of sugar and honey (2+2 tbs).
- 2 lbs chicken wings (frozen or thawed) I used a combination of 1 kg chicken wings (wingtips with drumettes attached) plus 1 kg chopped Chicken legs (in 3 pieces).
- For a little bit of heat, I added a blend of 1 teaspoon crushed cayenne pepper and 1 tsp crushed chilli peppers.
Change the flavours by alternating between Thai Siracha sauce, (Indonesian Sambal paste), Sambal Badjak. A bit closer to home opt for Portuguese/African Piri Piri spice blend 1-2 tbs. My dinner guests will ultimately inspire the level of heat and spiciness.
Sticky BBQ chicken wings recipe for Instant Pot
Tips for Keto, LCHF, Paleo and T2D (type 2 diabetes)
- Make your own sugar-free bbq sauce or order online a good brand as in the recommendation ads here below.
- For my smoothies and baked goods, I use erythritol, inulin, stevia and Chinese Lo Han Guo as sweeteners.
- Favourite sugar-free option I recommend Lakanto monk fruit sugar it has 0 calories. Great sweet taste no off flavours as with stevia. You also can use Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup instead of honey.
- For sticky BBQ chicken wings use this sugar-free option to substitute for using high-calorie sugars.
- Luo Han Guo is a low-caloric, low-glycemic food used as a sweetener in beverages and cooked food.
Using this sweetener in Chinese herbal teas and cooking I am familiar with the level of sweetness. It never occurred to me how beneficial the health benefits are having a hidden agent as a health aid.
Luo Han Guo, monk fruit is native to southern China. In TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) it is been used as a traditional medicine to treat obesity and diabetes.
Luo Han Guo is a low-caloric, low-glycemic food used as a sweetener in beverages and cooked food extremely sweet (about 300 times as sweet as sugar). You can purchase this online or purchase Lo Han Guo tea and powder at Asian and Chinese supermarkets and Chinese herbal shops.
1# BBQ wings Instant Pot dinner tonight
2# BBQ saus kippenvleugels recept Instant Pot
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links By purchasing through these links Asianfoodtrail earns a small commission, however you pay the same price for the item (it does not increase). The full disclaimer and disclosure transcript link can be found on the left sidebar or click here.[recipe]