Last month I was browsing for specific graphics, when suddenly an unrelated thumbnail popped out while I was flashing through several overview pages. Since I was searching for social media the eye make-up was entirely unrelated but it must have been the colours in the grid which caught my eye, I browsed back to have a peek at this thumbnail.
That’s how I got in contact with Jilly, makeup artist of Kirei Makeup, Indonesian by origin, lived in Toronto and currently residing in Jamaica. It sounds like a great cocktail, one of my other weaknesses, I like to mix and Jilly understands blending magic as no other. Since beauty post is long overdue, I am introducing Jilly by what better way sharing her tutorial even better she is following up with a special guest post for Asianfoodtrail after she returns from her latest travel trip.
Read full tutorial post by clicking on the provided links above, visit her website to view her other tutorials.
1. I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
2. I applied Burnout on the inner third of my eyelid using the flat-end of the brush.
(I wiped away excess shadow on the brush on a clean towel before step 3)
3. Using the same brush, I applied Liar on the middle of the eyelid.
(I wiped away excess shadow on the brush on a clean towel before step 4 )
4. Again, using the same brush, I applied Mugshot on the outer third of my eyelid.
5. Using the blending-end of the brush, I blended the edge of the eyeshadow.
6. I applied Blackheart using a small crease brush on the outer V.
7. After wiping excess eyeshadow from the crease brush I used on step 6, I dragged Blackheart on to my crease, and blended it out.
8. Using a fluffy brush, I applied Limit right at the edge where Blackheart meets with my skin. This helps to blend out Blackheart, and make a nice transition to my skin.
9. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. On the lower lid, I applied Mugshot using an angled eyeliner brush, then Blackheart very close to the roots of the lower lashes.
10. Then, I created a winged eyeliner on the upper lash line using L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip.
11. I curled my lashes and applied Buxom Lash mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
12. For extra drama, I added false lashes for extra length and volume. These falsies were samples from my friend, which is currently in production.
13. I filled my brows using a mix of Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
14. I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation on my face, blending it using my fingers.
15. On my cheeks, I applied Revlon Cream Blush in Charmed Enchantment using a foundation brush.
16. Then, I applied MAC cream base in Pearl on top of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and cupid’s bow using my finger.
17. I applied MAC Please Me lipstick on my lips using a lip brush. Then, I added a little bit of L’occitane lip balm just to keep my lips moist since it’s so cold here in Canada!!!
18. My hair was set using a velcro rollers set and 1.5 in Chi curling iron.
If you like this tutorial by Kirei Makeup, give a thumbsup on Asianfoodtrail Facebook Page for Kirei’s Makeup upcoming tutorial and send Jilly a tweet @Kireimakeup!
The Soft Rose Smokey Eyes tutorial and photo looks was picked up and featured in the Urban Decay e-mail newsletter as well, try this look now.