Welcomed by a blazing sun on Sunday it ignited planning a trip to the beach. We never passed beyond that first thought. Absentmindedly sweeping up our backyard and trimming by pulling and snipping into the wiry Ivy. We ended up stripping down almost twenty years of Ivy growth against the garden wall.
After hours of manual labour, pulling and cutting the Ivy stalks we managed to get rid the Bush. Simple trimming turned out to be a heck of a job.
Going to the seaside was not an option anymore nearing the end of the day. Instead, we had a seafood salad mix as part of a healthy Keto (Paleo or LCHF) diet. Eating fish and seafood happens to be perfect with weight loss plan too.
Seafood and Fish
We like to eat and prepare the fish whole from head to tail, fish types e.g. red snapper, mackerel, sardine, red mullet, sea bream, and more. Or sample fresh seafood like cuttlefish, clams, mussels, prawns, scallops and oysters.
You might have guessed, Fruits du Mer or Seafood platter is one of my favourite dishes. The presentation combined with flavour, texture it will take more time in advance for preparation.
Instead, it is easier to have a salad with fresh, canned and frozen items for a quick formed meal. Eating more seafood and fish in our weekly meal plan are healthy choices, in fact, it is low-fat, high in protein and rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
The good omega-3 fatty acids have shown to reduce triglycerides, blood pressure and inflammation. I have been reading on the benefits for a healthy diet due to reversing diabetes Type 2 while following Keto diet with very good results.
Here a short overview why having more fish and seafood benefits a healthy diet in our body and brain. The recipe description for Seafood Salad Mix with extra dressings and cooking notes are here with other recipe suggestions right after the resource listings here down below.
Seafood and fish benefits a healthy diet
- Lower blood triglycerides (cholesterol)
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Can lower blood pressure
- May improve symptoms of inflammation, arthritis and psoriasis
Seafood and fish nutritional value
- Many varieties of seafood are low cholesterol and sodium
- Rich source of protein, minerals and vitamins
- Low-calorie source of essential nutrients
- Polyunsaturated fats lower LDL, triglycerides, boost cholesterol profile
Resources and facts
- Seafood Nutritional chart of US top 20 Seafood types
- Seafood Health Facts on Seafood Nutrition Overview
- Calories in Seafood Popular types of seafood
- Should you try a pescatarian diet? The importance of protein in a pescatarian diet
- The Health Benefits of Omega 3, 6, 9 Fatty Acids and EPA & DHA The difference between fatty acids and fish oil
- British Nutrition Foundation Oils and Fats in the diet
What’s not to love with healthy and tasty seafood dishes. Any style goes throughout the year. For dinner tonight a seafood salad mix is just perfect.
- Seafood Week UK 2017 in October
- Vissch Culinair NL 2017 in October
- Seafood Cook Off USA 2017 next month August!
Seafood and fish benefits a healthy diet. Mention and share a fish event near you with us. We will add it to the list or perhaps even drop by :-).
Disclaimer: This post has “affiliate links.” This means we might receive a commission if you make a purchase, nothing changes for you. For the full excerpt, you can easily find the link in the left sidebar or here. Thank you for supporting Asianfoodtrail website service in bringing the best information and offers to you.