Don’t we all just love finger food, all time favourite chicken wings in a soy-chilli marinade, whether it is as a snack at a party or a nosh with beer and wine. It means happy time!
We had friends coming over to enjoy dinner together later tonight, but since we hadn’t really had lunch I prepared some appetizers with other snacks. These chicken wings are juicy coated in a sticky sauce, finger licking good with a bite!
After marinating (3-4 hrs or preferably overnight) I transferred the chicken wings on a grilling rack into a hot air grilling combi-oven, 220°C for 20 min. Next slowly reduce the left-over marinade in a pan into a syrupy consistency and poured that over as sticky sauce (or you can choose to serve it in a separate bowl as a dipping sauce).
Easy does it, give Chicken wings in soy-chili marinade recipe a try and be warned it becomes addictive, let me know your results. Leave a comment on how your wings turned out.
Chicken wings in Soy-Chilli marinade
By September 22, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1,5kg (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 4 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 4 hrs 20 mins
This is my own home-style Chinese soy-chilli marinade, a versatile base for all meat with endless variations. Instead of chilli-sauce I will use Thai Sriracha sauce for a tang and bite. Serve it as a snack or appetizer. The 3-4 hrs preparation time is for marinating the chicken (or overnight marinating).
- 160 ml soy-sauce
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2½ tsp brown sugar honey or palm sugar will also do
- 2½ tsp chilli sauce sriracha sauce or chilli paste
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 cm ginger peeled, grated - optional
- 3 tbs sunflower oil sesame oil (will add a nutty aroma and flavour)
- Clean chicken wings, pat dry and cut at joints in two halves (remove wing tip) transfer to a glass or plastic bowl.
- Add all marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix it thoroughly when sugar dissolves it's ready. Pour it over the chicken wing parts, makes sure all pieces are coated
- Set the chicken marinade aside in a plastic container for 3-4hrs or overnight, it will develop flavour and tenderize the meat. In between give it a good shake to coat the marinade all-over the chicken parts.
- You can prepare the finish on the barbecue grill, hot air/grill oven. Transfer the chicken parts on to a grill rack and/or baking pan into a pre-heated hot air grilling oven set temperature 220°C for 20min.
If your oven tray is large enough you can bake/grill all chicken parts or in batches.
- In the meantime pour the leftover marinade into a pan and cook, when it starts to boil turn the heat down. Let it slowly reduce into a syrupy consistency.
Taste the sauce, reducing enhances the flavour if you think it has become too salty add 1-2 tbs of water to your liking. When done pour it over the chicken as a sticky sauce or serve in a small bowl on the side as dipping sauce
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress